Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sneaky Sneaky

I read the article "More Sneaky Job Hunter Tactics: Faking an Insider Referral." I was reading this article and thinking "Wow, that's genius, why didn't I think of that?" How can people think of things this extreme to get a high paying job? Making the application look approved already to get it to the hiring manager is underhanded, but if the person can pull it off then that's impressive.

This, in a way, reminded me of developing countries. There people do this kind of thing on applications, but that is because their economy is unstable, and they want to land a secure job even if it means fudging their resume. What does this say about our present economy? I thought we were supposed to be the unfailing U.S economy. Although this was just a thought that popped into my head when reading the story, it does make you think of how our economy is being run, and what it may be a preview of for the future.

No comments: