Sunday, September 23, 2007

Slacking Off is a Skill?

I just finished reading the article "Ability to Pull an All-Nighter Can Be as Useful as a B.A." It was interesting to say the least. There were things such as being able to pull an all nighter that I would've thought that employers would frown on, but instead considered it an asset. It was surprising that some employers took "skills" like this into consideration when hiring college graduates.
It was kind of amusing to read that a girl used her "proficiency" in Facebook to help land herself a job. Normally I would never think of using this because it's true that some employers search your name on Facebook to try to find incriminating evidence to not hire you. She, however, used it in a way to promote the company, and portray herself to be "tech savy." I know I would I guess it's just releaving to know that there are employees that smile upon to ability of being able to write a paper hyped up on Red Bull only a couple hours before its due. I guess I'll have to work on my slacking off skills, and make sure to bring them up on my next interview.

No comments: