Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Interview

The interview that I had was a little bit more nerve wracking than I anticipated it to be. I knew that it was not going to be strictly graded, and that it was only a mock interview, but somehow I got nervous. I guess this happened because since it was supposed to be treated as a real interview I put it in my head that I should also treat this as a real interview, and therefore got nervous

I think the interview went smoothly, although I did falter at one or two of the questions, especially the one that was about what I thought my weakest point was. What is frustrating is that I came up with an answer to this question before the interview since this is a very common question that interviewers ask. Another question that I faltered at was on the question of whether I had any questions for the interviewer. I said no, but I should have said yes, and made something up so that the interviewer could see that I had some sort of interest in the company.

Overall, I think this was a good learning experience, especially since it was my first interview. I've been working for my family's businesses since I was 15, and have never had a "real" interview so this helped prepare me for future interviews if I choose to get a job outside of the family business once I get out of college.

No comments: